Cafe San Alberto Overview
If you are looking for a premium Colombian coffee experience look no further. We know you will enjoy this comprehensive coffee tour and tasting experience at Cafe San Alberto in beautiful Buenavista (translated “good view”), Quindio. Tour the beautiful Hacienda San Alberto farm and learn all about the coffee process from start to finish. After your tour of the coffee nursery, coffee fields and processing plant, you will participate in a “sensorial experience” to awaken your senses so that you may fully understand and enjoy the complex art of coffee tasting and quality selection.
In 1972, Gustavo Monroy Leyva bought the farm, Hacienda La Alsacia, renamed it Hacienda San Alberto, in honor of his son Gustavo Alberto, who died in a plane crash. In 1996 the owners began renovations with a new vision for environmental responsibility.
In 2006 Hacienda San Alberto was awarded an Utz certification and in 2011 awarded the Rain Forest Alliance certification in honor of their environmentally and socially responsible practices. Hacienda San Alberto proudly employs single mothers from Buenavista to complete the hand selection portion of the quintuple selection process, contributing to the stability of local economy.
In 2011, Cafe San Alberto was awarded the Gold Medal as product of the year at World Food Moscow. In 2012, Cafe San Alberto was awarded 3 Gold Stars for its superior taste by the International Taste & Quality Institute in Brussels. They are the first colombian coffee to obtain these awards.
The Terraza opened in 2009 to welcome locals and visitors alike to enjoy premium coffee and views of the breathtaking landscape of Buenavista as all as in-depth educational coffee tours and tasting experiences.
Enjoy a comprehensive 2.5 to 3 hour tour of the farm and the entire coffee process with a knowledgeable and friendly English-speaking guide. Savor delicious premium high mountain coffee which has undergone the rigorous quintuple selection process and learn all about what makes it so tasty. Participate in a comprehensive “sensory experience” and learn all about the art of coffee selection and coffee quality control.
- Cup of coffee upon arrival on a beautiful terrace overlooking the valley and the village of Buenavista
- Water for your tour
- Tour of the coffee process from start to finish
- Sunscreen and insect repellent available
- “Awaken your Senses” cupping and “sensorial experience”
- Fluent English / Spanish Speaking Guide
- Professional staff members to guide and assist you
- A certificate of completion to announce your new found knowledge
2.5 – 3 hours
From Price per Person
contact us to reserve
- Transportation to and from Hacienda San Alberto with lunch
- If you are short on time, we also offer a shorter version of the tour which includes a virtual tour of the coffee plantation and the “awaken your senses” coffee tasting experience.
Culture and natural beauty of the most bio-diverse country in the world.
Only experiences and destinations that we have experienced.
Protecting local economies and promoting ecological stewardship.